gd2 portupgrade problem

Philip J. Koenig pjklist at ekahuna.com
Fri Jun 27 23:59:52 PDT 2003

When I try to portupgrade gdchart, it wants to install gd2. (current
version of gd installed is 1.8.4_6)

When portupgrade tries to install gd2, it fails with the following
messages:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4: undefined reference to 'XDefaultScreen'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4: undefined reference to 'XCreateImage'

(..and many other similiar messages.)

I assume this is because I don't have X installed on this box.
However in the makefile for gd2, it seems to try to account for this,
with the following section;

  .ifndef WITHOUT_XPM
  #Temporary hack, until X-less XPM building is added to USE_XPM:
  .ifndef WITHOUT_X11
  USE_XPM=			yes
  .else
  LIB_DEPENDS+=	Xpm:$[PORTSDIR}/graphics/xpm
  .endif
  .else
  MAKE_ARGS+=		-DWITHOUT_XPM
  .endif

I have "WITHOUT_X11= yes"  defined in my make.conf file.  Is there
something else I need to do so this will build without X installed?

Thx..

--
Philip J. Koenig
pjklist at ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for
the New Millenium