tip on using mount_smbfs with the nsmb.conf config file

Paul Hamilton paul at bdug.org.au
Thu Jun 26 07:45:13 PDT 2003

Hi All,

After spending 1-2 fruitless hours trying to track down why I couldn't
automate my script to log into the local W2K server, I found that the
mount_smbfs man file is incorrect.  At least with FreeBSD 4.7 anyway.  Maybe
it just needs updating.

The default global location for the nsmb.conf file should be the /etc
directory, not the /usr/local/etc directory, as stated in the man file, and
a few web pages I googled.  ~.nsmbrc worked ok.

One for the archives.

Cheers,

Paul Hamilton