contigmalloc1 panic on install

Ryan Carmichael bremen at immortalsky.com
Wed Jun 25 14:53:23 PDT 2003

The laptop has a Trident CyberBlade Ai1 chipset, 8Mb RAM.

If I go through the 4.8 Installation from the CD (which goes smoothly until
I reboot), if I try to set up X using the graphical display the system locks
up hard.  That may be a driver issue or it may be related to the
contigmalloc1 panic associated with the AGP.  But this is easy enough to
avoid to just complete a base install - I will attempt to get into single
user mode and compile a debug kernel and see if I can give you some more
detailed data.

Thanks,
Ryan Carmichael