mark tinguely tinguely at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Jun 25 07:55:47 PDT 2003

> Thinking about using a Hauppauge WinTV PCI TV card to capture (Hi Quality)
> images to store locally and to publish (Cron?) over FTP as a WebCam function.

in /usr/share/examples/meteor there are examples to capture to PPM format
(a real crude RGB format with header). Just change /dev/meteor to /dev/bktr0.

someone posted (I think the freebsd-multimedia, but I could not find it
in the archive) within the last year add-on capture that use one of
the graphic libraries to convert the output file to one of the more
standard formats (jpg, or png -- I can't remember the details). You
look in the -multimedia archives or ask there.

--Mark Tinguely