Upgrade fail on reboot

Gregory Norman gnorm at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 18:34:01 PDT 2003

I'm trying to upgrade from 4.4 Release to 4.8 Release. Everything goes
well until I reboot after building and installing my new kernel. This
machine serve as a gateway, nat, ipfw. I'm using a custom kernel. Prior
to upgrading everything worked fine.

When I reboot it hangs after:
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

I have a copy of my previous kernel and can boot up using it.

Here is a snippet of the probe from a successful boot using the previous
kernel:
sio at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa 0
sio1:type 16550a
ppc0:<Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
lpt0:<Printer> on ppbus 0
lpt0:Interrupt-driven por
ppi0:<Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
Dummynet initialized (010124)

It seem as though the probe fail while searching for dummynet.

i386
133MHz
64

Gregory