PPPoE emulation on USB modems? (non PPPoA ISPs)

Nuno Teixeira nunotex at pt-quorum.com
Tue Jun 24 15:01:20 PDT 2003

Hello to all,

Today I subscribed to an adsl service in Portugal. I choose to buy a
Alcatel SpeedTouch USB modem because of pppoa port exists. PPPoA port
doesn't work because my ISP don't support PPPoA connections, only PPPoE.
(Bad luck!).

I've searched google and I found that the solution for this problem is
to emulate a ethernet device and then use PPPoE protocol to connect.

I found a patch that make this works:

http://www.prout.be/ECI/speedtouch.html

PPPoE with rp-pppoe, as some providers don't seem to support PPPoA

Does anyone knows if there is any solution for my case?

Thanks very much,

		Nuno Teixeira

--

/*