umodem config

Jeandre du Toit jeandre at itvs.co.za
Tue Jun 24 06:55:41 PDT 2003

5.1 is on my computer at the moment, I will install 4.7 tonight and send
you the GENERIC dmesg.boot file tomorrow. I have not set up my ppp yet, I
don't know how to do it for usb, the way I understand it ucom lets you use
the usb modem like a tty but I have not been able to get that right. Am I
taking the wrong approach?

Btw. My usb modem works in WinXP, I boot it in FreeBSD plugged in but
there is no hardware switch to put it on, is this going to be a problem.
It is a AzTech UM9100, there are Linux drivers so it should work in
FreeBSD too.

Thanks for all your help so far.
Jeandre