KDE VNC server crashes

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Mon Jun 23 18:50:55 PDT 2003

Rik Scarborough wrote:
> I'm having a problem with KDE's VNC server under FreeBSD.
>
> I can connect to one machine that is running KDE and set to allow
> uninvited guests, but when I disconnect from that machine the VNC server
> (krfb) crashes with the following message.
>     The Application unknown (krfb) crashed and caused the signal 11
>     (SIGSEGV).

My guesses:
1. Bad memory?
2. VNC sucks. Try tightVNC, I've had the best luck with that. Sometimes
on some computers I have to muck with the compression setting.. but for
the most part it works well. Come to think of it, VNC doesn't really
suck, but its pretty hard on bad hardware ;)  (I seem to remember the
NIC on that box was found to be flakey).
--Charlie