changing setup

pippo at bellnet.ca pippo at bellnet.ca
Mon Jun 23 11:37:06 PDT 2003

At 12:22 PM 6/23/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>man em for Intel Gigabit adapters:
>"The em driver provides support for PCI gigabit Ethernet adapters based on
>the Intel 82540, 82542, 82543, 82544 and 82546 Ethernet controller chips."
>I believe there is Serial ATA support for some chipsets in 5.1. No idea on
>the Fasttrack 378.

I did check the harware compatibility list, but did not find the exact
references for the data given by the manufacturer. :((

My user's guide says the LAN is Intel 82547EI (CSA interface)/Intel
8256EZDual layout (Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in one chip. :))

The Fasttrack is 20378.

There is also an Intel ICH5/ICH5R chipset - I don't know if this needs some
special configuration?

Pippo