Problem recreating Virtual Hosts settings from Windows to BSD

william nova william_nova at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:19:50 PDT 2003

I was using Apache 2 on Windows 2003 server.

I had 2 virtual hosts running, using no-ip for DNS resolution along with a
NO-IP referral entry for each (since my ISP blocks port 80)

The virtual hosts config portion of httpd.conf looked like:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site1"
ServerName site1.no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site2"
ServerName site2no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

Very simple.  And it worked.

Now I'm using Apache 1.3.27_4 on FreeBSD 4.8

I am trying to recreate the
same exact configuration on my new box.   It just won't work, even though
the config is identical, barring the path to the files.

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site1
ServerName site1.no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site2
ServerName site2.no-ip.com
</VirtualHost>

When I put the name for site2 into any browser, I get site1's index.html
page.  I have gone thru the Apache docs for the current version I am using,
but nothing seems to be helping.  It's allmost as though the settings for
site2 are not even being looked at.  I know that httpd itself is working,
cos I am being served pages from DocumentRoot; and I know the DNS is
working; does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing only
my virtual hosts to not work on this particular configuration of Apache and
OS?