socks

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 04:45:47 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 01:08:13PM +0200, Ian Todd wrote:

> I am wondering does freebsd support socks4? If so how do u enable it
> or dont u need to enable it or do u need to install it? Cuse ive
> installed xchat from the freebsd cd.Im running a proxy and ive set it
> up but it doesnt want to work. my proxy server is correct cause i can
> connect through it with mirc for windows.Help please.

Don't know about socks4, but:

    :/usr/ports:% make search name=socks
    Port:   p5-SOCKS-0.03
    Info:   Perl5 module to communicate with socks v4 and v5 servers
    Maint:  nakai at FreeBSD.org
    Index:  net
    B-deps:
    R-deps:

    Port:   socks5-1.0.11_2
    Info:   SOCKS v5 application layer gateway and clients
    Maint:  ports at freebsd.org
    Index:  net security
    B-deps:
    R-deps:

Is socks5 any good to you?  Oh, this is one of those annoying ports
where you have to do manual click-on-buttons type of things to
download the source (hence no binary packages), but otherwise it
should be a fairly normal port installation.  For directions, once
you've installed the port, start with the
/usr/local/share/examples/socks5/README file.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way