gnome2 running issues

Derrick Ryalls ryallsd at datasphereweb.com
Sat Jun 21 19:26:39 PDT 2003

Okay, I have gnome compiled and running and for the most part, things
seem to function okay.  However, on startup, there are several dialogs
telling me it cannot load certain applets (clock, tasklist, etc).  They
all reference the same missing file of:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libgen_util_applet-2.so

and what I have in that directory is libgen_util_applet-2.a.

Is it just a matter of finding that .so file and dropping it in (doubt
it), or did a dependancy fail and somehow everything finished without
error msgs?

Also, has anyone gotten /usr/ports/mail/evolution to work with current
/usr/ports/x11/gnome2?  Anytime I start it is fails out, the first
failure being it can't find libgnome.so.  I double checked, and
evolution 1.4 is supposed to be gnome2 complaint, so I am not sure why
it would be looking for gnome1 .so's.

System info:

FreeBSD homer 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0
evolution-1.4.0_1
gnome2-2.2.1_1

-Derrick