TV-Out refuses to work after XFree upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0

Frank Altpeter frank at altpeter.de
Fri Jun 20 03:35:41 PDT 2003

[please CC me on responses since i'm not subscribed]

hi there,

I'm not sure on which freebsd topic this is best related, so i first
try it with freebsd-questions - please apologise if mistaken...

I'm running FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE on a Compaq Armade E500 notebook,
which is using a 'ATI RAGE P/M Mobility AGP 2x' graphics accelerator.

Yesterday i updated from XFree-4.2.0 to XFree-4.3.0, and since then,
the TV-OUT refuses to work anymore under X.

I installed 4.3.0 from the ports via portupgrade and installed the
corresponding ATI package as mentioned on
http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ati.2.php

Before, i was able to switch between display and TV-OUT with a
special function key, in case there is a TV connected on the chinch
connector. This worked in both text console and X desktop.

After the XFree update, it only works in text console mode, and the
function key doesn't switch to the TV-OUT anymore when displaying
the X session. So i'm quite sure that there's no hardware but an X
server problem ...

Any hints very appreciated...

With kind regards,

	Frank Altpeter