FreeBSD 5.1 - Problem with post-installation configuration of apache13-mod_ssl

Erik Hollembeak gte384u at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 20 02:36:29 PDT 2003

Well, apparently its having the same exact problem each time.

[Thu Jun 19 06:54:57 2003] [alert] mod_unique_id: unable to
gethostbyname("arcadia")

arcadia is the name i gave my system on installation when it was on the
screen concerning DHCP. Since the computer is on a LAN, i don't exactly
have a fully qualified domain name that I'm aware of.... would
192.168.blah.blah work to fill this field? On previous linux systems
i've set the name to be poo.poo or something to that effect with no
problem.

Thanks for all the assistance so far. I have quite a few things I plan
on doing, and they all hinge on getting Apache working.

Regards,

Erik