Operating Systems.

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 18 16:52:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:36:59 -0400, Poppa DooRight
<fishcatchinman at hotmail.com> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am having to put together a presentation about FreeBSD for an Operating
> System class.  This is due in early July.  The things I need to know are:
>
> Hardware Supported,  Scalability,  Reliability,  Security,  Speed,  Ease
> of Use,  Maintainability,  Administration,  and the History of FreeBSD.
>
> Any information or questions about this presentation I am working on
> please feel free to email me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul E. Hilliard

The FreeBSD web site is a source for a lot of information and a good
starting point for a great deal more.  And you will find that Google and
Google Groups are your friends.

Try to find copies of "The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg Lehey, 3rd or 4th
edition, and Ted Mittelstaedt's "FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide."

Since FreeBSD is free (shock!;), you could also try downloading, installing
and running it yourself in order to provide a personal perspective on
things like speed and ease of use.

Jud