vmware networking with vmware3 and Freebsd 5

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins hawk at slytherin.ds.psu.edu
Wed Jun 18 09:47:23 PDT 2003

Vmware 3 installed quite easily, and it was easy to install the guest
operating systems.  I can't get the networking going, however.

What are the correct answers to the netgraph bridging questions?  I
assume it is "yes" to use it, but what about the device?  vmnet? vmnet0?
/dev/vmnet0? /dev/xl0 (my actual device?)

And what kernel options, if any, do I  now need?  I've been trying to
work with syctln net.link.ether.bridge and its _cfg, but nothing I've
tried has worked.

I do have a separate ip that the guest can use.

hawk, baffled

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk at psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail