OpenGL Hello World Example

Rohit rohitvis at rogers.com
Wed Jun 18 09:17:41 PDT 2003

Hi,
This is something that has troubled me quite a bit. I followed the hello world
tutorial for opengl found here.

http://www.eecs.tulane.edu/www/Terry/OpenGL/Simple_Example.html#A%20Simple%20Example

This is the command I'm using to compile it (as suggested at the website)

gcc -o Hello_World Hello_World.c -lX11 -lMesaGL -lMesaGLU -lMesatk -lm

However it says gltk.h not found when I have gltk.h in
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gltk.h

This is the same type of scenario I ran into when I tried compiling qt
examples. I have tried appending  I/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gltk.h to the above
gcc command.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rohit