Network printing via a win2k domain?

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Tue Jun 17 11:21:38 PDT 2003

	Hi all.  Ok, here's my situation.  Just recently at work we switched over
to our network being managed by a windows 2000 domain.  (Stupid in my
opinion, but they don't listen to me.  Sheesh)  One of the criteria for
printing is I have to login to the domain in order to be able to print to
our network based printer.  So that's my dillema.  I'm not sure if I can
setup Cups to do this or if I need to install Samba, or some other printer
software.  I'd prefer to avoid using samba if at all possible cause that
opens up a whole new can of worms.

Cliff notes version of this:
Need to login to domain to be able to print.
Printer is a Ricoh network printer.

	Any help is greatly welcome, even if it's just a nudge in the right
direction.  Thanks.