Booting takes too long. Why? (/ was not properly dismounted)

Shantanu Mahajan freebsd at dhumketu.cjb.net
Tue Jun 17 10:08:10 PDT 2003

+-- Rohit [freebsd] [16-06-03 08:42 +0000]:
| Thanks for your help Jud, you are absolutely right. With issuing the halt
| command, there are no excessive delays in booting. Inface booting is really
| fast.
|
| Thanks
|
| Rohit
	Rohit:
	You mean to say that when you use 'halt' instead of
	'shutdown -h', your machince boots faster?

	Roger:
	I don't think that 'shutdown -h' = 'halt'
	Rohit is not invoking halt.
	'shutdown -h -o' = 'halt'

	Rohit:
	Can you try 'shutdown -h -o' and let us know what's the
	result?

	Regards,
	Shantanu

--