Nvidia resolution problem

Rik Scarborough RikSca at kc.rr.com
Tue Jun 17 09:16:13 PDT 2003

I cannot get the resolution for X above 800x600 (although I'm not sure,
it could be one smaller than that).  The main problem is I can't see all
the dialogs for KDE; they won't fit on the screen.

I've upgraded the box to FreeBSD 4.8 release.  I've uninstalled and
reinstalled XFree86 to the latest ports (the overall port is
XFree86-4.3.0,1).  I'm using the driver from the ports.

the Display section has the following modes:
    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

Any ideas on how to increase the resolution?

Thanks,

~Rik