Buildworld ERROR CODE 2

Duke, Brian Brian.Duke at Level3.com
Tue Jun 17 03:23:14 PDT 2003

I think you may have the answer Kent...
in my make.conf I did allow the SUP = YES directives from the example file /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf
I just took that section out based on your recommendation below. So the only things in my make is now:
PERL5 module stuff that was already enabled in make.conf after FTP intallation and CPUTYPE=i586. The config
seems to be working. Thanks for your help. I would have never suspected the CVSUP section.

I'll run cvsup again in the future when I don't need sleep.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Stewart [mailto:kstewart at owt.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 11:16 PM
To: Duke, Brian; freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Buildworld ERROR CODE 2

On Monday 16 June 2003 09:02 pm, Duke, Brian wrote:
> ok I didn't get an answer on my first email so I tried to do a complete
> buildworld here is a transcript of the output:
>
> install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libc_pic.a
> /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib 1 error

> I made only moderate changes to the make.conf...like my CPUBuild=i586.

This looks like one of those problems they have been dealing with on -current.
They changed the -std option and I think you need to re-cvsup and start over.

The old rule on make.conf is that if you add something and it doesn't work.
Comment it out and start over. I think you have dug a deep hole and fell in.
I don't have any idea on the solution.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart