help installing sun java on freebsd -5.1

sweetleaf sweetleaf at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 16 02:49:11 PDT 2003

I am running netscape v.7.0.2 that i d/l from netscape.com under the linux emulation on freebsd-5.1. I would like to use the chat features a yahoo and be able to do online banking which requires java. Netscape redirected me to suns page to d/l the java below:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/install-s1s4-linux.html

I am trying to follow the install instruction but i keep getting the error this binary is not executable. As mentioned above i am following their instructions:

3. ype: chmod 777 j2sdk-1_4_1_02-s1studio_ce-4u1-bin-linux.bin to change permissions on that file to allow execution.

Run the installer.

1. Type the following command from the directory where you placed the installation file:

j2sdk-1_4_1_02-s1studio_ce-4u1-bin-linux.bin

i have also tried chmod a+x but the same results.

Thanks in advance.

ps:

 I would also like to install realplayer 8. again netscape sent me to realplayer.com to d/l the linux distro. its a rpm format so i installed rpm from the linux section on ftp.freebsd.org. rpm -i realplayer.rpm gives a bunch of lib dependency issues. Is their a special package from the linux emulation section that i need to install?