Sendmail Authentication Problem

Gary K Stinnett Jr gary at gary-stinnett.us
Sun Jun 15 18:35:00 PDT 2003

I have been trying to get smtp authentication to work with Sendmail

I have looked over and tried many times to install sasl and go through
the directions on the following freebsd web page

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/smtp-auth.html

When I get to the point of "make" sendmail I get the following error

At the end of the make process I get

	CC: /usr/src/lib/libsmutil/libsmutil.a: No such file or
directory
	CC: /usr/src/lib/libsm.a: No such file or directory
	*** Error code 1

The freebsd doc says the following about compiling sendmail:

"The compile of sendmail should not have any problems if /usr/src has
not been changed extensively and the shared libraries it needs are
available"

This is a fresh install of FreeBSD 4.8.  I have not changed anything
except installing apache, qpopper, and webmin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary