4.0 Release vs ssh2/sshd2

cp cp at olympus.net
Sat Jun 14 20:25:54 PDT 2003

I almost feel guilty asking this because I think I know
the answer. We did a pkg_add of ssh2 from freebsd
and installed it but can't run getting an ld-elf error
for an undefined symbol "__stdoutp".

These two servers have 4.0 Release from March of
2000. Is this release just way too old to be installing a port
dated May 2002? If so, should I use the old ssh off
the 2000 cd (even though there are security problems)
rather than remain with open telnet/ftp we've used for
years?

Sorry that's two questions but they seem quite closely
tied ;-). TIA

Chris

P.S. The obvious answer is in process, within a couple
of months both machines will be updated to 5.1 Release.
We just can't do that quite yet.