X doesn't work

Scott Miller smaction at slightlysuspect.com
Sat Jun 14 14:04:19 PDT 2003

Hi List,

Where should I start on troubleshooting this? I installed FreeBSD and
included X and Gnome 2 environment.  I selected the lowest resolution (VGA)
to see if it would work (I have had trouble getting X to work with some
flavors of Linux on this machine).  When I run startx, I get garbage on the
screen and the computer locks up.  Same problem with other resolutions.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100. It uses the nvida GeForce2 GO. Dell will
provide no other technical specifications. In windows I use 1600x1200 and
32-bit colcor. What other information do you all need?

Regards,

Scott