Mixing different arch's on a shared (NFS) ports tree

Tillman tillman at seekingfire.com
Fri Jun 13 10:02:13 PDT 2003

Howdy folks,

I currently export /usr/ports to a range of servers, all i386 arch. I'm
adding a sparch64 box to the mix, and I'd like to reuse the export
(especially for distfiles). I'm looking for words of wisdom on how best
to accomplish this and notes about pitfalls to avoid.

Obviously the packages directory is going to a minor issue. I don't plan
on building sparc64 packages as there is only the only box, but I use
packages extensively for i386 to save compile time and ease distribution
(portupgrade -P rocks). I /think/ I can avoid this issue by simplu never
using -p/-P on the sparc.

Anything else that I might be missing?

-T

--
The problem of leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
	- Muad'Dib, from the Oral History