Assigning a PID to a given program?

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Fri Jun 13 08:33:02 PDT 2003

	Ok, not sure if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask just in
case.  What I'm looking to do is to assign a given Program ID number to a
specific process if possible.  I know FBD assigns them automatically as
they're executed, but I've hit into at least one or two apps that's looking
for a particular program running on a particular PID (don't ask me
why.  it's kinda stupid as far as I'm concerned) in order to connect to
it.  Yet the program is running with a totally different PID.  Is there a
way to assign a specific PID number to a program at launch or maybe even
reset the PID counter to zero so that the program takes the lowest
available PID at launch?  Just curious mostly.  Thanks.