more transparent proxy and squid questions.

Doron Shmaryahu doron at home.crc.co.za
Fri Jun 13 04:25:57 PDT 2003

Hi,

You will want to make sure that you have this rule before the divert rule

allow tcp from (live ip address) to any

otherwise squid will go into a forwarding loop. You do not need
ip-transparent if you are using IPFW to do the divert. Oh yes the headers
are from the live ip of the squid box. I know there is a way to pass the
clients ip to the remote site. Check on the squid web page regarding that.

Kind Regards

Doron Shmaryahu