Upgrading 5.0 -> 5.1

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Thu Jun 12 08:51:56 PDT 2003

You will need a whole new world as well.

cvsup
(cd /usr/src && make world)
(cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf && config GENERIC && cd ../compile/GENERIC &&
make all install)
reboot

Approximately.  I guess there is a way to make the kernel from the top level
tree, but I have always done it that above way and don't plan to change
unless I must.

Tom Veldhouse