"Boot Error" from BIOS after try to install 5.1-RELEASE

Carter, Mr. James A. carterj at spawar.navy.mil
Thu Jun 12 08:12:59 PDT 2003

Thomas:

Thank you for your response. I agree that Windows ME is junk. Until last
night, it was just another coaster.

I had FreeBSD (4.8-Release) replace the MBR by doing "fdisk -b" and it
didn't work (actually it toasted the MBR). So System Commander replaced the
MBR, but the BIOS still gives me that error.