* FreeBSD AntiVirus Solutions *

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at ait.ac.th
Wed Jun 11 20:04:11 PDT 2003

> i am using the norton av eval version with auto updates
> works fine so far, i will let you know when i finish evaluating it.

The debate may become OT, but problem with Norton and other McAfee is
that updates are committed at a very low frequency (few days?) which
leave you with a large risk window when you know that new viruses
usually circulate the world round in less than 12 hours.

Sophos (from what they claim) and Kaspersky (to a lesser extend) will
provide updates on the hour basis (I do automatic update every other
hour). That makes a huge difference on th einsecure window.

Olivier