X TrueType font spacing

Jesse D. Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Jun 10 14:08:55 PDT 2003

Howdy list,

I just installed my Windows XP TrueType fonts into my XFree86 4.3.0
font server (FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE).

I've gone through the same proceedure about 5 times now for various
releases (4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 5.0, 5.1).

EVERY TIME, the WXP fonts will display fine in MOST KDE applications,
but occassionally (like in Konqueror) the horizontal spacing will
be all messed up.

Basically, every line of text will look like this:

T   H   I   S    I  S   A   G  O  O  D   E  X  A  M  P  L  E

Does anyone know what causes that? And how to fix it?!?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,