Dead keys on Toshiba laptop - 4.8-STABLE - XFree 4.3

Florian Ponroy fponroy at nerim.net
Mon Jun 9 07:55:44 PDT 2003

Hello,

I've recently installed FreeBSD on my laptop, fetched the kernel sources
to upgrade from 4.8-RELEASE to 4.8-STABLE, and now i'm trying to make
these dead-keys working under XFree :)

Well, it doesn't work at all. 8 bits caracters are perfectly supported
by the terminal (aterm), since i can see them if i switch to a french
keyboard mapping. Usually i use a dvorak keyboard mapping.

Although i've used xmodmap to set up Mode_switch or Multi_key keys, i
still can't get dead-keys working.

Here is my XF86Config file:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	option	    "xkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "dvorak"
	Option	    "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
EndSection

For example, i've checked the keycode of the right alt key with xev, and
bound it to Multi_key, but without any success. Or bounding a
'dead_grave dead_circumflex' to another key didn't work either.

That's weird, it's the first time i can't make these dead-keys working.
Could it be a laptop issue? (Toshiba Satellite 3000).

Thanks in advance,

Florian Ponroy.

--
 L'amour... Il y a ceux qui en parlent et ceux qui le font.
 A partir de quoi il m'apparait urgent de me taire.