error on gdm2 build

Charles Young charles at wranglers.com.au
Sun Jun 8 19:59:26 PDT 2003

Hi David,

In your recent message you had some issues with FT_GET_BDF_Property in fontconfig:

> The error below seems to start with;
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `FT_Get_BDF_Property'

Can I ask if you have at sometime built some XFree86 components from source?

I'd check for extra versions of XFT and freetype that have been installed in /usr/X11R6/lib/

Perhaps you might try a find in /usrX11R6/ for libraries that are older than your last major build of XFree86 + components.

I had the same issue some time ago with a freetype2 library that I'd forgotten was installed when I built XFree86.4.2.93 manually. Later builds from ports did not overwrite the library.

good luck,
Charles