Newbie question

Brent E. Waldrep bwaldrep at lbtech.net
Sat Jun 7 19:28:13 PDT 2003

First thing, I know very little about Free BSD and Unix and Lunix

I have just got a server off Ebay, and would like to install Free BSD on it.
However, I'm getting stuck on the very first step, The bootable floppy disk.

I have downloaded both mfsroot.flp and kern.flp, svaed them on a machine
using win95. From there I go into MSDOS and at the c:\windows prompt type in
fdimage kern.flp a: and is says bad command.

What am I missing, and sorry this is such a basic question.

Brent