Mozilla locking up under Gnome

Rik Scarborough RikSca at kc.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 18:12:51 PDT 2003

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Rik Scarborough wrote:
>
> > Any one have any idea why Mozilla will consistently lock up while
> > running Gnome.  It does not have any problems while running KDE.
> >
> > I running 4.8 and the latest builds of Gnome and Mozilla from the ports.
>
> Do you have any error messages, logs, etc. to help isolate why it might be
> locking up?  Do you have a gdb backtrace of Mozilla when the lockup
> occurs?  What version of GNOME are you using?  What version of Mozilla?
> Which window manager are you using?  What locks up (i.e. is it the whole
> desktop, or just Mozilla)?  I have been running Mozilla under GNOME for a
> while now, and have never experienced a lockup.

So as sure as I post a message and someone offers to help, I can't
get it to reoccur.  It had been freezing after a few minutes each
time I ran it forcing me to kill -9 it and now it won't.  BTW, it
was just Mozilla, the rest of the desktop worked fine.

No errors would display when it locked up.  If it happens again,
I'll try to do a gdb backtrace, but I've never done one before.

Thanks,

~Rik