Tekram 395-UW (trm driver) and 4.8 mini-iso

otterr at speakeasy.net otterr at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 7 10:37:27 PDT 2003

I've found that the 4.8 mini-iso either doesn't recognize my "trm" controller (Tekram 395-UW) or just isn't loading the driver at boot time. Yes, it is listed in the hardware compatibility list. A 5.0 cd from a few weeks ago installed fine on it. Searching the lists, I see I'm not the only one. See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2010466+2013291+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-questions/20030330.freebsd-questions for another example. I was going to create a PR, but found that the send-pr web interface is broken, and I don't have access to try send-pr. Someone I was just talking to says it's borked too. Any comments/suggestions? Please cc: me, as I'm not subscribed to the list. I'm going to try a release cd and see what results I get. I've got an unused drive I can use for testing if anyone wants to troubleshoot/fix and have me test it out.
-ott