Mount command...again

jonr at destar.net jonr at destar.net
Thu Jun 5 15:53:38 PDT 2003

Ok, here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to mount a samba served
directory on a remote system onto my local system. Both servers are
running freebsd4.8. I want to mount the remote directory with the
priveliges of the remote owner of the directory onto my local system.

In Linux I can do it this way:
mount -t smbfs -o username=<loginname>,password=<passwdtoshare>,
uid=jonr,gid=jonr //sambaserver/<share> /path/to/mount/point

This will send my username and password then mount the share with the
remote users uid and gid.

Is there a way to do this on FreeBSD? I have been reading the man pages
for mount and mount_smbfs and can't find out how to do this.
--
Jon Reynolds <jonr at destar.net>