Can I synchronise local time with some NTP-server?

Tom Limoncelli tal at lumeta.com
Thu Jun 5 11:27:19 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 01:11  PM, Alex de Kruijff wrote:

> The man page are not meant for this, there scope is limmited to the
> command. Books and article are. In fact the FreeBSD handbook have a
> section about this.

Yet of all the email on this topic, nobody pointed out this most
excellent article.

Of the many problems with the man page system, this is one that has
always been a torn in my side.  I feel that man pages should have a
"getting started" section, even if it only points to articles like the
one you suggested.

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-
> ntp.html

> P.S. Its a good article. :-)

I agree.  It's a shame that the first place that people turn for help
(the man pages) doesn't refer to it.

-tal