Non-Executable Stack Patch

Tony Meman none at superig.com.br
Wed Jun 4 17:29:37 PDT 2003

I was wondering if there's any non-executable stack patch for
FreeBSD's kernel.

I searched in google but all I got was some questions in
freebsd-security back from 2001 and an answer saying someone
heard about a project like this, but no information at all.

Is there any patch like PaX or Openwall available for FreeBSD?

I dont want to discuss if its useless or not since there're a
lot of techniques to defeat these protections. I'm not
interested in patches for gcc or alikes either.

Regards,

--
Marcello Azambuja