Problem compiling the C/C++ reference for Kdevelop

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 16:02:06 PDT 2003

Argh - it appears that I have no libqt.so on my system. Interesting - I
installed from the package system. Having poked through the configure
script, I finally figured out what it was barfing on, and manually
searched to see if it was present, but perhaps in some odd location.
(find / | grep libqt resulted in libqt-mt.so, but no libqt.so)

Next question. Why don't I have a libqt.so?

In the meantime, I'm compiling from source using ports tree. If there is
source for libqt, then I'll know something is up.

Oh, and I accept the dumba** award for failing to notice the
--with-extra-libraries/includes option for the configure script. It now
finds the jpeg libraries.

Thanks,
Seth Henry