Netatalk with 5.0?

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Wed Jun 4 13:26:14 PDT 2003

Having upgraded a non-critical system to 5.1-BETA from 4.8 by wiping the
drives and starting from scratch, just how does one add NETATALK to the
new kernel config? I don't see it in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES and we
no longer have LINT... I do see netatalk at /usr/src/sys/netatalk/ but
nothing other than a COPYRIGHT file and no hints as to how to apply.

Or at least I think "Protocol not supported" is telling me the kernel is
missing something:

AndrAIa: [1005] /usr/local/etc/rc.d/netatalk.sh start
 netatalksocket: Protocol not supported
socket: Protocol not supported
atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.
AndrAIa: [1006]

I'd like to get netatalk working again. Then we'll figure out why Samba
doesn't...

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at hiwaay.net