4.8-STABLE /dev/null issue

Scott Kupferschmidt sk at isprime.com
Wed Jun 4 11:48:28 PDT 2003

Hello,

I've followed those instructions and still a no go.  Enabled my crontab
line of:

* * * * * echo blah >/dev/null

And this is what happened:

crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    2,   2 Jun  4 14:45 /dev/null

Subject: Cron <sk at diamond> echo blah >/dev/null

cannot create /dev/null: permission denied

If anyone else has some suggestions, please let me know.  This is starting
to become a rather big issue on 4.8-STABLE for me.

Sincerely,

Scott Kupferschmidt
ISPrime, Inc.
866.502.4678 ext. 3