FreeBSD applications on MacOS X

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 04:32:35 PDT 2003

Pisut Tempatarachoke wrote:
[ ... ]
> Can all of the programs listed in http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
> run on MacOS X?  Where can I find out more information, please?  Thanks very
> much.

Not all of them, but many will.  Refer to the FINK project:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/

"The Fink project wants to bring the full world of Unix Open Source software to
Darwin and Mac OS X. We modify Unix software so that it compiles and runs on Mac
OS X ("port" it) and make it available for download as a coherent distribution.
Fink uses Debian tools like dpkg and apt-get to provide powerful binary package
management. You can choose whether you want to download precompiled binary
packages or build everything from source. Read more... "

--
-Chuck