Can you copy freebsd from one of my present machine and loadit to a new

Peut Kotze PK at nanoteq.com
Tue Jun 3 04:16:21 PDT 2003

You can use "dd" to make a copy of your disc to another disc (the
easiest way is to slot the other disc into your current machine), then
slot that disc back into your backup machine and bootup as always (given
your backup server has more or less the same HW configuration,
especially the type of NIC's etc., else you will need to modify your
config accordingly)

To "copy" your current system to CDR wouldn't work since the system
needs a writable filesystem to bootup in normal (multi user) mode. To
accomplish this with a CD you'll need to twist and tweak things.

Hope this Helps
Peut