DNS and natd

Scott Hiemstra scott at hiemstra.us
Mon Jun 2 19:16:25 PDT 2003

I've never tried it with natd on freebsd but I have on many routers just
setup a loopback adapter which will allow your hosts which are inside to
loopback into the webserver.  I searched through the docs but I can't seem
to find a specific example.  Perhaps someone here has some experience with
this setup.

-Just as an example, my home web hiemstra.us is actually served by
192.168.1.20 on my LAN.
-I don't have any funny DNS going on to get there.
-My router figures out I actually need to get to 68.165.225.111 and routes
the requests through the loopback
-I get the desired page delivered

I'm not 100% sure this is feasible in freebsd but it should be.

Good luck,
Scott

Scott Hiemstra
scott at hiemstra.us