failed nfs installworld

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.no-ip.com
Mon Jun 2 14:06:28 PDT 2003

boxend at swbell.net writes:

> I have a full file system on a older box with a small drive.
> This box has 8mb ram/ 200mb hd.  So
> it's hard for me to give up and reinstall Freebsd.
> I was doing a installworld from a nfs box, made some
> bad choices in make.conf. Can you say nooooobie?  =)

You don't mention what the actual "bad choices" were, nor what the
symptoms of your problems are.  If the system can still boot and
connect to the network, you can retry the install (you may need to
empty out your /usr partition a bit first).  If not, then you're
definitely going to have some effort fixing things.