Duplex printing with HP DeskJet 6122
sheldonh at starjuice.net
Mon Jun 2 09:23:56 PDT 2003
On (2003/06/02 17:54), Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > There are instructions about installing for CUPS and a download link for
> > the hpijs driver. I have downloaded these things because my 6122 is on
> > order.
> Sorry, where are these instructions?
Nevermind. Found what I needed.
So, this configuration worked:
1) Install hpijs
2) Install ghostscript-gnu
3) Install foomatic-db
4) Download foomatic-rip and install into /usr/local/bin
5) Install cups
6) Download DeskJet 6122 PPD from linuxprinting.org:
7) Install as deskjet3.ppd in /usr/local/share/cups/model
8) Use CUP's administration tool on localhost:631 to modify the printer,
selecting the "HP DeskJet 6122, Foomatic + hpijs (recommended)"
9) Use CUP's administration tool on localhost:631 to configure the
printer, turning on double-sided printing.
That's it. It's possible that one or both of steps 3 and 4 aren't
More information about the freebsd-questions