Changes to hosts.allow do no affect to inetd daemons some times

Alexander amour at amour.ath.cx
Sun Jun 1 20:26:19 PDT 2003

 Hello !

 Sometimes when I change my /etc/hosts.allow and kill and start again
inetd, there is no difference. It's like I haven't edited
/etc/hosts.allow. If I continue making changes and stop/start inetd there
are no affections to the inetd daemons, they allow or deny as
/etc/hosts.allow isn't modified since inetd was first started after the
system bootstrapped.
So what I do now is edit /etc/hosts.allow and then reboot. (Pretty ugly)
But I noticed that this happens only to the /etc/inetd.conf daemons.
Stand alone daemons like sshd haven't got such problem the changes occur
immediately.

 I'm running FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #9: Mon Apr  7 14:16:26 CEST 2003
root at amour.ath.cx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AMOUR  i386

 If you know what might be the problem please email me.

Thanks