gnome-applets-2.2.2 build still fails

Jukka Huvinen jhuvinen at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jun 1 10:43:49 PDT 2003

> > > gnomeapplets2-2.2:
> > > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.5" not found
> >
> > Where is libc_r ??
>
> Something on your system is still linked against libc_r from 5.x.  I
> don't know what, but you can use something like:
>
> find /usr/local -type f | xargs ldd > /tmp/local.out
> find /usr/X11R6 -type f | xargs ldd > /tmp/x11.out
>
> Then look through the .out files to find the binary.  Then, use pkg_info
> -W <binary path> to find the port/package that installed it.

Ok! Thank you for excellent help.

Now I see why to use portupgrade without -P option. It seems lot of
packages are linked against 5.x and I can obtain most of them only by
compiling sources. (Oh, no. :(

This explains also the packages-4-stable directories in freebsd.org (for
me). I guess they are linked for 4.x and I should use only them...

More work... Maybe I have a functioning 4.8 some day. :)

--
Jukka